Wednesday, April 29, 2009

So Proud! Go Siobhan (My cousin)! "Waltham's Cosby in it for the long run"

WALTHAM - Siobhan Cosby (my cousin!!!!!), a 24-year-old McDevitt Middle School world history teacher, for the first time, on April 20, 2009, ran as a member of the MDSC Boston Marathon Team ran the 26.2 miles in the Boston Marathon to raise funds and awareness for Down syndrome.

Siobhan ran for her uncle (and mine!!!), Joel Battaglino, who has Down Syndrome and to raise money as part of the 15 member, Massachusetts Down Syndrome Congress team. Together as a team they raised over $62,000.


Team Member: Siobhan Cosby's Profile

I am a 24 year old social studies teacher and live in Brighton, MA. When I decided to run my first Boston Marathon, I wanted to be part of a team and organization that had an impact on my personal life. When I was selected to join the Massachusetts Down Syndrome Congress team I was thrilled because my Uncle Joel has Down syndrome. He is one of the most amazing and special people in my life. To be able to run for the MDSC team has made this whole marathon experience an even more meaningful part of my life as well as my family’s life.

http://www.wickedlocal.com/waltham/archive/x360583477/Walthams-Cosby-in-it-for-the-long-run

No comments:

Post a Comment