Sunday, November 29, 2009

A chat with Howie Mandel, author of 'Don't Touch Me'


Though he has gone public about his lifelong struggle with obsessive-compulsive disorder and attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder, Howie Mandel fills in more details in his new book, Here's the Deal: Don't Touch Me, arriving in stores Tuesday. USA TODAY talked with the comedian and host of Deal or No Deal.

Q: Why a book, why now?
A: At this point in my life I have more notoriety than I've ever had. I was thinking I had funny, entertaining stories to tell. But I sat down to write and I thought I'd just be honest. It was a surprise to me.

Q: How long have you had OCD and ADHD?
A: I've been dealing with issues my entire life, and I feel like I'm very lucky and blessed in my life and career. But at the same time, I'm constantly tortured with my issues.

No comments:

Post a Comment